Monday, September 20, 2010

My India My Home


Its been 63 years of independence with the population of 1.15 billion citizens; India got different ‘nicknames’, someone called it ‘Mother India’ and rest of all named it as the ‘Golden Bird’! Corrupted, poor, undeveloped & illiterate are the common ones we hear in our daily life. But for me India is My Home. A Home with its own tradition & culture, spirituality & simplicity, pollution & population, poverty & the purity, in short it’s a home with all its abilities & disabilities, a joint family of Tata-Birlas and the mango people.

It’s the home where waste caw dung recycled and used in the celebration of various festivals of different religion e.g. Lohri. It’s the home where population is more than its geographical area but still India lies on top when it comes for tourism. It’s the home where world’s richest man – Mukesh Ambani lives in a society of lower-middle class citizens.

India is the only country where every season has its own festival. It’s a country where rainfall is the symbolic of love & romance, where summer reminds me of cool watermelons & lemonades, where spring means outing with friends & swing on the rope, where winter ends with the hot popcorn and roasted peanuts! 


It’s the country where I feel free to ask about any desired location from a stranger, where every auto-rickshaw driver is my brother of the day. It’s the country where you can eat golgappas on every street corner and where every wedding includes crackers, DJ and spicy food! More on that It’s the only country where Whole Street named on a food item (Parathey Walli Gali – Delhi 6).

Its my country my home where I live respectfully & happily. It is the only place where I feel security & safeness. Where every human being comes alive during terrorist attack. Where my army brothers lost their life during Kargil war. Where I celebrate every festival with full joy & respect. Where I studied with my friends of different religion & shared knowledge.

And for me, the most important thing is it’s the only country where every talented person counts as an Artist!

It’s My Country My Home My India.

Citizen Of India:

Harpreet Rishi

2 comments:

  1. My dear lekhika, good to meet you and greet you in the blog world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much ma'am. Glad to read ur kind words on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete